January 19th, 2013
Pokegama Lake in Grand Rapids Minnesota
The Grand Rapids Community will proudly display its rich hockey tradition and history as host of Hockey Day Minnesota on Pokegama Lake on January 19, 2013. Now in its seventh season, Hockey Day has become a Minnesota tradition as a celebration of our hockey community and what some would describe as a way of life in the State of Hockey. Hockey Day is presented by the Minnesota Wild, FOX Sports North, Wells Fargo and the Grand Rapids Amateur Hockey Association.
High school games to be broadcast by FSN:
- Eagan vs. Hibbing (boys) at 10am
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s vs. Grand Rapids (boys) at 1:30pm
- Hibbing vs. Grand Rapids/Greenway (girls) at 4:30pm
Evening games to be broadcast on FSN include:
- Minnesota Gophers vs. UND at Mariucci Arena
- Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche at Xcel Energy Center
Hockey Day Minnesota 2013 will be the seventh annual celebration of hockey from peewees to pros, including high school games, a Minnesota Golden Gopher game as well as a Minnesota Wild home game. Previous sites for outdoor games include Baudette Bay (2007-08), St. Paul (2009), Hermantown (2010), Moorhead (2011) and Lake Minnetonka/Excelsior (2012).